If you want to switch between different (colours of) materials you first need to unload the filament that is already in the MBot mini, after which you can insert the new filament.
REMOVE OLD FILAMENT
Removing the filament can simply be done by following the steps below.
- Select filament on menu and click on filament. Select unload and click on unload.
- Wait a minute while the print head is heating up. By heating it up we ensure that the filament is being melted before retracting it from the nozzle.
- When the nozzle is hot, it will beep and the MBot Grid mini will automatically start turning the feeder wheel, through which the filament will be rewind completely. If the filament doesn’t come out of the feeder completely you can simply pull it out by hand.
Note: Make sure there are no small pieces of filament left in the feeder before inserting new material. For removing small pieces of filament you can use tweezers.
LOAD NEW FILAMENT
After removing the filament you can start loading the new filament in the same way as done during the first use of your MBot mini. Make sure the old spool of filament is removed from the spool holder and the new one is placed.
- Take the end of the filament, insert it into the bottom of the material feeder and push it until the filament is being grabbed by the knurled wheel. This may require some force. Once the knurled wheel has grabbed the filament, it will slowly move it further into the PEEK tube. Wait till the filament reaches into nozzle/hot end.
- Now you just have to wait until the filament is coming out of the nozzle. You may notice a ticking sound at the feeder; this is nothing to worry about. If necessary you can manually push the filament in order to get it through the nozzle with a bit more force.